Good Shepherd Bangalore
25th March : goodshepherdbangalore.org website goes live.
Through a Journey of Enrichment in which history, spirituality, and charism were shared, a decision was reached for reunification through merger.
The merger decree came into effect and the reunification was celebrated on June 27, 2014.
August 19th : The new Constitutions were approved, which recognized and incorporated both ways of life with all members having the same name - Sisters of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd.
A process for considering integration of the two Congregations ,OLC & RGS, began.
Moodbidri ( Karnataka ) community established.
Article One of the Constitutions was approved. It states that we express our charism of merciful love through an apostolic life or a contemplative life.
Sandanapalya ( Karnataka ) community Established.
Kannara ( Kerala) Community established.
Wyanad (Kerala) Community established.
Thaikkattussery ( Kerala ) Community established.
Congregation of Our Lady of Charity (OLC) called Union of Our Lady of Charity.
Manvi community established.
Shanthi Nilaya ( Provincialate ) established.
Priyadarshini Community ( Bangalore ) established.
Title of the Congregation modified to the 'Congregation of Our lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd' to show its internationality. 'of Angers' dropped.
Sisters of Mary Magdalene stat taking the fourth vow of Zeal
Sr. Mary Euphrasia Canonized as St. Mary Euphrasia Pelletier.
May 31st : Fr. John Eudes canonized as St. John Eudes.
St. Micheals convent with the date 6th January 1922.
St. Martha's Hospital, Bangalore established.
Good Shepherd Convent , Mysore established.
The Contemplative branch of the Good Shepherd was established in Bangalore.
Good Shepherd Convent Bellary Established.
April 24th : Sr. Mary Euphrasia Pelletier dies after establishing 110 convents around the world.
August 15th : The foundation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd (Sisters of the Good Shepherd) was laid in Bangalore, India.
Museum Road Convent Established.
January : Sr. Mary Euphrasia Pelletier sends Sr Mary of St. Theresa Von Schorlemer (German) Sr Mary of Providence Hogen,
Sr Mary of St. Joseph Keegan (Irish) and Sr Mary of the Rosary Verger, SrMary of St Maurice Berbion (French) to India
in response to the invitation of Bishop Charbonneau a French missionary of the Mysore mission.
January 16th: Pope Gregory XVI approves the request for the Generalate and created a new congregation called
'Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd of Angers'. Sr. Mary Euphrasia becomes the first Superior General.
August 28th: Sr. Mary Euphrasia Pelletier establishes a community of the Sisters of St Magdalene in Angers with the active
support of Mission partners, Countess Genevieve D'Andigne and Count Augustin de Neuville in the establishment and expansion of the mission.
In response to a request from Bishop Charles Montault, Mary Euphrasia established a community of Our Lady of Charity in his diocese in Angers,
France, naming it "Good Shepherd" after an institution that was dedicated to the same work that existed in Angers prior to the French Revolution.
November 11th: Sisters of St. Magdalene founded by Sr. Mary Euphrasia Pelletier. Sisters follow a basic rule of Carmel with three vows (Poverty, Chastity & Obedience) in a contemplative lifestyle.
October 20th: Rose Virginie Pelletier enters the Our Lady of Charity convent at Tours.
Anne Pelletier dies. Rose Virginie gets to know of it only after the funeral.
Anne Pelletier falls sick and decides to place Rose Virginie in a boarding school in Tours, France.
Rose Virginie is one of the first pupils of the school opened by three Ursuline sisters in Noirmoutier, France .
Dr. Julian Pelletier , Rose Virginie's father dies .
The Congregation of Our lady of Charity restored in Tours after disbanding for 15 years.
July 31st : Rose Virginie is born to Dr Julian & Anne Pelletier, Noirmoutier, France.
French revolution begins
1680: JOHN EUDES DIES
St. John Eudes died on the 19th of August 1680 at the age of 79 and was canonised in 1925 by Pope Pius XI.
1641 : November 25th : Congregation of Our Lady of Charity established in Caens, France
"Where are you going? I suppose to the church to mumble your prayers before the statues; and then you will be highly pleased with yourselves
thinking you are very devout. You would do better if you would build a house for these poor girls who will be lost for want of direction and resources."
These words of Madame Madeleine Lamy challenged St. John Eudes, to establish the Order of Our Lady of Charity of the Refuge on November 25, 1641, in Caen to come to the assistance of vulnerable women. This is the beginning of the Congregation of Our Lady of Charity and subsequently the Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd. St. John institutes the fourth vow of Zeal in addition to the vows of Poverty, Chastity & obedience.
1601 : St. John Eudes Born
John Eudes (1601-1680), Founder of the Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Refuge (OLC) in 1641,
from which the Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd Congregation emerged.
John Eudes was a priest and a preacher whose life exemplifies the renewal of Catholicism in 17th century France.
Jean Eudes was born on 14 November 1601 on a farm close to the village of Ri to Isaac Eudes and Martha Corbin; he had four sisters and two brothers.
He entered the Congregation of Oratorians, founded earlier by Pierre de Bérulle (1575-1629) and was ordained a priest in Paris in 1625.
In 1627 and 1631 at the time of the plague epidemic in Normandy, he is exposed to the risks of this terrible disease.
In order to be closer to the sick and to avoid infecting the healthy population, he slept in a cider barrel in the outskirts of the city of Caen.
He wanted to renew Christian life in the country-side and preached more than a hundred missions. He was attentive to the difficult lives of the villagers
and country people who were experiencing misery. Close to the ordinary people, he simply encouraged them to live their baptism as
a journey of friendship with Christ.